How to win a Loyalty Magazine Award 2019
A ten point plan for success
The Loyalty Magazine Awards 2019 are now open and all across Europe, Middle East, Africa and India, those tasked with the job of submitting this year's submission are scratching their heads in a search for inspiration.
It is not that you haven't got a brilliant product or service to submit. It is a question of how to explain it in a way that will attract the attention of the judges.
Sympathetic to this problem, The Loyalty Magazine Awards organisers have compiled a 10 point plan to help your organisation make it to the Winner's podium.
Ten steps to success
- Make sure the entry is submitted in the name of the end user (retailer, bank, customer-facing organisation etc). This is much more attractive to the judges than if the entry comes from a supplier. This doesn't mean that the supplier can't help compose and submit the entry. (Or bask in the glory).
- Don't assume knowledge. Explain how the scheme works, where it is operational, what it has achieved and what difference it has made.
- Supply data. Nothing pleases The Loyalty Magazine Awards judges more than hard facts, so get number punching! All our judges sign non-disclosure agreements and we agree not to publish anything that is marked not for publication. But get that data in the entry, it will make a lot of difference to your chances of winning.
- Enter multiple categories. It is impossible to know in advance which categories will be popular and which will have less entries, so where possible, enter more than one category to increase your chances of winning a prize. (Think of it as a chess game.) Remember to tailor the entry for each individual category though.
- Read the criteria for each category carefully. The Loyalty Magazine Awards judges refer back to these whenever there is a contentious issue, or where opinion is divided. Make sure you don't miss out because of a technicality.
- Tell the story. Judges are only human, and there is a great deal to read. Get them on your side by inspiring them with your journey to great customer loyalty.
- If your entry is about new technology, make sure you explain how it works and what you have achieved with it. The fact alone that you now use an XXX algorythmical grommet is not going to impress, but if you say it provides a new level of analysis that has resulted in a yyy% increase in retention then this is impressive! At the same time, make sure you tell us of a new technology innovation, especially if it is a customer pleaser.
- Short term loyalty programmes. Loyalty is evolving and short term loyalty initiatives are an increasingly important element for many retailers. Make sure you enter your best programmes, both in the Short Term Loyalty category and in other appropriate categories, such as marketing, Best Use of Mobile within a Loyalty Strategy perhaps, or maybe Best Use of Gamification to Enhance Loyalty or Best User Experience. In addition, if your short term loyalty programme has had a proven effect on long term loyalty, and you can show this, why not also submit your entry for this?
If your loyalty programme focuses on the fun element, then make sure we know about it. Consider gamification, or Best Loyalty Industry Innovation, or Best Use of Technology in a Loyalty Programme.
- If as a supplier, you are entering multiple entries on behalf of several retailers, make sure you brand the entries separately for each client, otherwise the judges may think that all the entries come from the same organisation.
- Don't assume knowledge. Our judging panel is made up of independent experts from across the World, so they may not be familiar with your particular campaign. Describe, put in context, explain, illustrate, prove with data, WIN!
Winning a Loyalty Magazine Award is hugely beneficial both for marketing purposes and to raise the morale of your team, so don't delay. It is not that arduous. All we need is a 250 word synopsis and a longer explanation - up to 1000 words, but not necessarily that long) of something you are proud of.
Still stuck? Contact Annich McIntosh at +44(0)1572 820088 and we will be happy to advise on any queries.
Visit www.theloyaltymagazineawards.com for a digital copy of the Call for Entries and an entry form
Book your table now - Table booking forms at www.theloyaltymagazineawards.com.
Follow us on Twitter @loyaltyMawards